Recycle Your Old/Broken Holiday Lights!
From December 1st to February 1st, holiday lights (traditional and LED-style bulbs) can be dropped off at various locations throughout Northern Kentucky - including the Fort Wright City Administration Building!
Our lobby is open 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday, for you to drop off those broken or unwanted light strands. Before recycling, please remove any batteries, boxes, and bags. You can visit www.cohenusa.com/lights for more information.
This recycling event is made possible through a partnership between Kenton County Public Works / Solid Waste and Cohen Recycling, along with the City of Covington and Keep Covington Beautiful.
There is a friendly competition between Boone, Kenton, and Campbell counties to see which one can collect the most lights for recycling. Help Kenton County take the (lighted) crown!
If you can't make it to the Fort Wright Administration Building, here are other locations in Kenton County for recycling:
- Covington City Hall lobby - 20 West Pike Street
- Covington Fire Department, Station Five - 1255 Hands Pike
- The Center for Great Neighborhoods - 321 West 12th Street
- Kenton County Administration Building - 1840 Simon Kenton Way, Covington
- Historic Kenton County Courthouse - 5272 Madison Pike, Independence
- Kenton County Public Works - 420 Independence Station Road, Independence
- City of Edgewood - 385 Dudley Road
- City of Erlanger - 505 Commonwealth Avenue
- City of Independence - 5409 Madison Pike
- City of Fort Mitchell - 2355 Dixie Highway
Questions? Click here or contact Kenton County Public Works / Solid Waste Management at 859-392-1919.